Returns & Guarantees
SATISFACTION: Our be-happy-you-bought-it promise: If you buy a Skooba Design product and don't love it, return it within 30 days.
We offer a simple purchase satisfaction guarantee for all orders placed directly on our website: if the product isn't what you expected it to be, or you just don't like it, return it to us for a refund, site credit or exchange. All we ask is that you return it within 30 days of receipt, in new, as-shipped condition, with all original packaging and paperwork. Please include a note telling us the reason for your return and whether you would like an exchange, credit or refund. We will refund/credit the original price of the product (shipping charges excluded). We issue all credits immediately upon receipt and inspection of returned products, but your credit card company may take one or more billing cycles to post the credit to your statement.
Ship (using trackable service) to:
3495 Winton Place
Rochester NY 14623
Important: If you purchased your Skooba Design product from one of our retailers, please note that each retailer has its own satisfaction/return policy. Return inquiries should always be addressed to the place of purchase. To find a Skooba Design Retailer, click here.
QUALITY: Our Protect3 Warranty (IMPORTANT: Please read all terms and conditions at bottom of page carefully):
Our products are meticulously constructed of exceptional materials and components, our multi-point inspection process strives for "zero tolerance” and we back it up with a three-tiered, 5-year warranty:
1) The first year you own your Skooba bag: 100% coverage, period.
If anything (anything, really!) in the materials, parts or manufacturing of your Skooba product fails within a year of purchase, we will repair or replace (at our discretion), no questions asked, shipping both ways included.
2) Second year: Continued limited coverage against manufacturing or material-related failures.
In your second year of ownership, we’ll continue to guarantee your bag against failures related to original manufacturing, as follows. You are only responsible for shipping back to us if required. We pay to ship the bag back to you.
- Separated seams
- Zipper failure
- Broken clips or buckles
- Wheel/handle failures
3) Years 3 through 5: “Halfback” trade-in program.
If you want or need a replacement bag for any reason whatsoever in the final 3 years of the warranty program, you can send us your current bag with proof of purchase, and we’ll give you half your purchase price back against any new purchase of equal or greater value. You are responsible for shipping, one Halfback trade-in opportunity per customer purchase.
Terms and conditions:
- Warranty covers original workmanship and material defects only. Failure due to misuse, alteration or improper handling, overloading or other abnormal stress or unintended force is never covered. Our bags are made to perform and look great for years, but normal wear and tear is to be expected with any textile product, and is not covered by warranty. Warranty covers our products only; customer accepts responsibility for determining suitability and fitness for use, and therefore consequential damages are not warranted
- Please keep original receipt/e-mail purchase record. Purchase date must be verified in order to determine warranty coverage. If you purchased your bag directly from skoobadesign.com, we should have your records and will try to assist in determining purchase date.
- Please contact us before returning your product (we may be able to solve your problem faster by sending you a replacement part). We will determine the best way to handle your claim (parts, repair, or replacement, at our discretion) and take care of you quickly. In most warranty claim cases we will need you to return the product to us. If you are in “Tier 1” coverage (first year), we will send you a pre-paid return shipping label and pay the shipping to return your repaired/replaced product as well. If you are in the second year of the warranty, you are responsible for shipping the product back to us and we will pay to return it to you. If you are in year 3 and take advantage of the “Halfback” program, you are responsible for shipping both ways unless your net order qualifies for any free shipping offers at the time.
- When returning a product, we recommend you use a traceable shipping method (UPS, FedEx, Postal Service with tracking, etc.), as we cannot be responsible for packages lost in transit. If in doubt about how to handle a return, or if you have any questions, just e-mail or call us and we will help.
- Most warranty repairs are handled and shipped out within one or two business days. If the product cannot be repaired, we will send a replacement within one business day of receiving your returned item. All warranty shipping is via UPS ground or similar service. If you need faster delivery service let us know and we will be happy to help, but rush shipping costs may apply.
- If product is no longer available, we reserve the right to offer closest comparable product or equivalent credit value
Warranty applies to Skooba-branded products. Warranty policies, terms and conditions on non-Skooba products may vary.